Preparing a New Timetable
- Enter/edit Asas.txt. Make use of the help routine to get details on entering records. You could also make use of example files Asas.tSt or Asas.tMt by converting it to Asas.txt, make the necessary changes to suite your institution.
- Use Uji routine on Asas.txt. Return to 1 if necessary
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for Kumbilik.txt, Guru.txt,Subjek.txt,Makasas.txt and then Arahan.txt
- Do the feasibility test (including SEMUA) a few times to get a feel for the kind and amount of rejected data expected. If a lot of data is rejected, look for patterns - they could be you own doing in Arahan.TXT. Adjust contents of Arahan.TXT or Makasas.TXT if necessary.
- Generate timetable for BLOK data. Check for rejected data. If a lot of data is rejected, look for patterns - are they of one type ?
- Use the BAIK PULIH to insert back the rejects (if any). If unable to compromise, print the main timetable (i.e. with only the fixed and the Blocks in), study it and make the necessary changes on paper. Use the PERUBAHAN to do the changes. If you use PERUBAHAN, make sure the data from the tolak.dat is removed manually using Input routine.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for KEMBAR Periods and finally TUNGGAL Periods. Make sure you enable the `SAMBUNG' so that you previous data is intact. For the Single Periods, there is an extra routine `PULIH TUNGGAL' to help you place the rejects back into the timetable. Only then do you use the BAIK PULIH and PERUBAHAN.
- Use the MinMax to minimize, maximize and/or balance the timetable as defined in Arahan 16.
- Use SUSUN BILIK if your timetable involves arranging rooms other than classroom/home rooms (e.g. makmal). Record any messages (the class code and the period code as well as the problem) shown on the screen - this is possible because this routine is quite complicated and it involves balancing of instruction in various parts of the file Arahan.txt and the fixed data in Makasas.txt - there is bound to be conflict of instructions. If there were messages and you are not sure of its meaning, print out the main timetable and study the rooms at the locations referred by the messages. Make the necessary changes using the Tukar routine.
- Make a copy of Terima.DAT as Terima.OLD. You will use it to generate a report of change in timetable.
- Your timetable is ready. Use the Cetak routine to see as well as print timetables in the ways provided.
- Use the LAPORAN to prepare reports as needed.